Design software UX/UI and work from home 2 days a week?
Yes and yes? Read on!
Who are we
Business software doesn’t need to be dull and boring.
At Archon, designing beautiful software is the core of what we do. We care a lot about the experience, the design craftsmanship and the tiniest details that go into what we make.
We are a rapidly growing (and profitable!) startup making software to help small businesses manage their inventory. Our flagship product, inFlow Inventory, has dominated the desktop inventory software market with over a million downloads and now we’ve expanded by taking it to the cloud and mobile. We’ve been profitable since the beginning in 2007, and we’re one of Canada’s fastest growing businesses according to the PROFIT 500 list for 3 years in a row.
As an amazing place to work, we’re one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers, per the Globe and Mail. You can also check us out on Glassdoor 🙂
We’ve got an amazing group of skilled and friendly people here, and we’re looking for more world-class talent to join us!
Check us out at www.archonsystems.com!
Some of our job benefits
- Work from home 2–3 days a week (wait, what?)
- Work from our beautiful Toronto office the other days
- Company-sponsored lunches once a month with great cuisine
- Top-notch computers. We hate slow computers too!
- All-expense-paid conferences
- Health and dental benefits
- Make a difference: you’ll be the 25th member of our tight-knit team
Be in charge of designing our software UX/UI!
As our main UX/UI designer, you’ll have a big impact on how our product works and feels. You will lead the design effort of our core product across all three platforms: desktop, web and mobile. You will be responsible for conducting user/competitive research, prioritizing features and requirements, defining task flows and data hierarchy, and designing wireframes through to high-fidelity UI mock-ups. You will work closely with our developers and quality assurance to ensure successful implementation of the design.
What you’d do
- Design UX/UI for our cloud software across desktop, web and mobile
- Conduct user/competitive research to prioritize features and requirements
- Define user tasks flows and data hierarchy
- Create storyboards, sitemaps, screen flows, wireframes and mock-ups
- Develop rapid prototypes along with developers
- Verify design assumptions through user testing
- Initiate your own ideas and projects to help us grow
- Learn how to shoot a bow on horseback (… well, maybe not right away, but later for sure 🙂 )
What we need from you
- 5+ years experience designing software UX/UI.
- User focused. You have a deep understanding and appreciation of the process of identifying users’ needs and solving their problems with functional and elegant design.
- Analytical. You are able to weigh the pros and cons and cost and benefits of different design solutions, backed by research and data.
- Working experience creating screen flows, interaction models, responsive layout and UI elements.
- Excellent sense of visual design (colour, typography, spacing, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability and comfort with industry-standard design and prototyping software.
- An awesome portfolio showcasing your previous designs and processes.
Nice to have (but not necessary)
- Experience with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, Balsamiq
- Cross-platform design experience
- Knowledge of web standards, semantics and accessibility
- Some HTML/CSS
Other stuff we’d be happy to hear about
- Awards and contests
- Experience with business systems (accounting, inventory, CRM, etc.)
- Close experience with small-to-midsize businesses
- Experience in agency or start-up environments
What are you waiting for? To apply, go here now: