Huntsville, AL, USA
The Boeing Company is seeking a talented and highly motivated artificial intelligence professional with software deployment experience to assist in the design, development, and deployment of intelligent systems, autonomous systems, and other advanced AI systems.
A successful candidate will become part of the growing AI organization in Huntsville, Alabama, which is part of Boeing Research & Technology – the central R&D arm of Boeing.
The ideal candidate will have experience and interest in machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing, reasoning and inference, planning and scheduling, and knowledge representation.
A successful candidate will be able to work in the dynamic and distributed BR&T environment. An employee will typically work on multi-year projects that end with capability transitions including production environments. Project work can be funded by Independent Research and Development, Internal Application Development, Contracted Research and Development, or support to a Boeing Business Unit. An employee will work on a small project team where the knowledge and abilities of each person is important. The work is often simply described and the employee needs to be self-directed to organize and perform the work. Collaboration with others is crucial to successful project performance as is good communication with the project manager, principle investigator, and sponsor. An employee is typically hands-on, likes to figure things out, enjoys learning new things, and is good at applying what they have learned.
- The engineer will have extensive experience in software programming and deployment.
- Programming skills in languages such as Python, Java, C, C++, MATLAB, and R are necessary.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience with different AI approaches and techniques.
- Understand the cost and benefits of deploying algorithms in production environments. The types of algorithmic solutions should span across different types of data ranging from numeric, images, video, and textual (structured or unstructured) collected from domains such as autonomy, data analytics, design, platform performance and operations, robotics, safety, services, and C4ISR.
- Will have the skills and experience to design, apply, and create new algorithms, methods, and tools for the analysis of data to address project requirements.
- Evaluate the performance of data analysis algorithms as well as general ability to select and apply algorithms to meet application requirements with respect to scalability.
- Identify internal and external customers/sponsors, seeking opportunities to solve their analytics problems.
- Work with customers to help formulate technical requirements, select analytics methods, identify gaps in existing methods, and develop new methods as necessary.
- Present results to the customers and lead transition of prototype tools to them as well.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Experience with applying deep learning for object recognition, scene classification, and scene segmentation.
- Experience with major deep learning framework such as Keras, Caffe, CNTK, Theano, Torch, and Tensorflow.
- Experience with deploying deep learning models to production relevant environments.
- Experience with high level programming languages such as C, C++, C#, Java, and Python.
- Experience with designing, implementing, training, evaluating, and optimizing algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning techniques.
- Experience with machine learning is highly desirable.
- Experience with cloud computing.
- Experience with GPUs.
- Background in SLAM, 3D reconstruction, and motion planning, path planning.
Typical Education / Experience:
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor’s and 5 or more years’ experience, Master’s degree with experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award