Austin, TX, United States
You will be part of a team that is constantly improving our newsroom’s systems (including a Django CMS and its interaction with external APIs), as well as prototyping new tools. This is not a journalism position, but you will work closely with journalists and contribute to building news products. Our engineering team works across departments — editorial, membership, audience, events, sponsorships and design — to build tools and websites.
This role can be either in the office or remote, based in the U.S.
- Extending Django models to build out new content capabilities
- Adding more functionality to our APIs
- Collaborating with our DevOps engineer to help plan and reimagine our infrastructure
- Improving our content management workflow and admin interface
- Leveraging third-party platform integrations to improve team processes
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 3 years of experience with one of the following: Python, Ruby, Java, C++, C#, or Go (Python being the language of choice)
- Familiarity with API development and integrations
- Ability to improve and monitor server-side performance, database schema, indexing and query optimization
- An understanding of unit and functional testing
- Understanding of Git and code collaboration best practice
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain technical topics in design/editorial meetings
Source: Python.org Jobs Feed