London, Richmond Upon Thames, United Kingdom
Open to remote work
We’re open to both in-office (hybrid, anywhere from 1 to 5 days per week in the office) and fully remote, within the UK.
What You’ll Do
In this position, you’ll get to:
- Work with a modern web stack and microservices to deliver features and products
- Lead best practices ensuring great software engineering and appropriate testing
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of the platform architecture
- Participate in bi-monthly hackdays to build or learn absolutely anything you want
- Build software in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Ensure our customers have a healthy and happy dog for life!
We ship early and often, so we push multiple deployments live per day through our CI/CD pipelines. Our local development environments have setup guides and it’s possible to ship something on your very first day. We like to keep the code review process friendly and supportive so everyone can learn and grow. We also make space in our sprints for learning and development time, and hold in-house workshops on new technologies.
We’d like you to be comfortable with:
- Python 3 (plus Flask, Django or any other framework) or any comparable language, with web experience
- At least one SQL dialect
- Writing efficient and scaleable code
- Running Docker locally and on production
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with event systems, especially Kafka, is a plus
- DevOps experience in scaling and running high-traffic software on AWS or GCP is a plus
Source: Python.org Jobs Feed