Headquarters: New York, NY and Portland, OR
We’re looking for an experienced full-stack engineer, comfortable with various technologies and open to learning new ones on the fly. You’ll be working closely with our engineers, alongside our client teams. Our projects are highly collaborative, and your expertise will be deeply valued.
You are an experienced engineer with a wide range of skills. You delight in architecting, implementing, and delivering innovative applications that help businesses grow and delight their customers. You are collaborative, and enjoy working with teams and clients to make sure that the right thing gets built at the right time.
This is an exciting time for Barefoot Coders. We’re helping world-class companies of all sizes solve problems with exciting technologies. This opportunity starts as a contracted position, with possibility of full-time employment if you are open to it.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Deliver high-quality, polished, and reliable applications
- Interpret and coordinate the implementation of customer requirements
- Take ownership of application code, including decisions around which technologies to use
- Interact directly with the client
- Collaborate closely with nontechnical team members (design, product, client, etc.)
- Participate in architectural and code review
- Determine and implement continuous integration and delivery systems as needed
- Actively participate in an agile development process, including contributing to story creation, estimation, daily standups, etc.
WE’D LOVE YOU TO BRING
- Relevant software engineering experience, particularly with any of the following:
- Ruby on Rails
- RDBMS systems (PostgreSQL, MySQL)