Headquarters: Brooklyn, NY
ControlShift believes that advocacy organizations, campaigns and movements are more powerful when they invite everyone to participate. We build software in service of that vision, while also building a great place to do work that matters.
Our product is the best software for putting people at the center of campaigns with distributed events, local groups, and member-generated petitions.
We’re looking for someone who shares our vision for where online organizing is headed and is excited about spreading that story to everyone who needs to hear it. You would be our first dedicated customer success, sales, and marketing hire and take the lead on making those activities successful. You’d report to our executive director and work alongside our operations director.
We think that relationships and stories are at the heart of good activism, and we’re looking for a storyteller and organizer who can bring those talents to their sales approach.
- Be responsible for driving the growth and adoption of member led, volunteer powered, distributed organizing tactics throughout the progressive movement around the world.
- Create blog posts, case studies, social media content and advertising that tells the story of how organizations are scaling their impact via member lead campaigns, volunteer teams, and other “big organizing” tactics.
- Attend conferences to meet and interact with existing and prospective customers and help to organize conference panels that highlight our organizing vision.
- Respond to incoming requests for information and product demos.
- Track and follow up with prospective customers before they close and work with the existing team to on-board them successfully.
- Help our existing customers be more successful by telling stories and spreading best practices via webinars, case studies, and one-on-one outreach.
- Think creatively about how to reach out to prospective customers or re-engage existing ones.
- Occasionally help with customer support. We believe that everyone on the team helping to answer support questions helps us to better understand and build empathy for our customers.
- Other projects as needed. We’re a small team so everyone does a bit of everything.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Demonstrated experience and success working with diverse individuals from a broad range of cultures, backgrounds and experiences.
- A demonstrated interest in progressive political change.
- Willingness to occasionally travel internationally – we have customers on every continent except Antarctica.
- Experience with or openness to working remotely and independently.
- Familiarity and experience with the ways that organizations and campaigns use the internet to create social change and organize people.
- Fluency in a language other than English.
- Experience with software sales, especially in a software-as-a-service context or in the progressive movement.
- Experience with the ControlShift product as a customer.