Sliema, Malta, Malta
Our Client is looking for a highly motivated Data Engineer with a passion for data and visualization to join their Data Team.
The Data Engineer will be responsible for supporting and further developing the existing data warehouse infrastructure. Within this role you will have the opportunity to work closely with various functions of the business.
Having a strong SQL skillset, being a strong team player and having excellent communication skills are key to succeeding in this role.
- Supporting and further developing of existing data warehouse infrastructure
- Converting production data into a Data Warehouse model
- Developing/Maintaining current ETL processes using Python
- Utilizing an ETL tool to import/export data to third party vendors
- Ensuring on-time daily data load into the Data Warehouse
- Putting in place general data validation process
- Troubleshooting data inconsistency issues
- Maintaining the security, data integrity and availability of the data in the Data Warehouse
- Improving Data Warehouse automation
- Developing new Dimensional data models, and modify existing schemas to assist the team in meeting stakeholder’s requirements
- Supporting in 24×7 on-call to make sure the whole process is operational all the time and ensure proper data load
- GCP including Big Query
- 3+ Years of Data Engineering Experience
- Strong SQL Skillset
- AWS including Redshift and S3
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology or other related fields
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player