New York, NY, USA
The Walt Disney Company
Disney Streaming Services is a place for the creative and the bold. Whether New York City, San Francisco, Manchester or Amsterdam, we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform the industry.
Software Engineers at Disney Streaming Services develop premium digital media products for Major League Baseball and our partners. The products we build, such as ESPN+, MLB.TV and NHL.TV are paving the way for the next-generation media and sport technologies, including the upcoming Disney+ offering. Our Engineering team for Disney Streaming Services is headquartered in the Chelsea area of New York City. Other office locations also include the SoMo area of San Francisco, CA and several international locations.
At Disney Streaming Services, data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. The data engineering team is responsible for collecting, analyzing and distributing data using public cloud and open source technologies and offers transparency into customer behavior and business performance.
If you are interested in joining Disney Streaming Services in the pursuit of not only crafting new media products but enjoying the products you build, we are interested in hearing from you.
- Collaborate with product teams, data analysts and data scientists to design and build data-forward solutions
- Build and deploy streaming and batch data pipelines capable of processing and storing petabytes of data quickly and reliably
- Integrate with a variety of data providers ranging from marketing, web analytics, and consumer devices metrics
- Build and maintain dimensional data warehouses in support of business intelligence tools
- Develop data catalogs and data validations to ensure clarity and correctness of key business metrics
- Drive and maintain a culture of quality, innovation and experimentation
- 2-3 years of experience developing in object oriented Python
- Familiar with big-data solutions using technologies like EMR, S3, Spark
- Loading and querying cloud-hosted databases such as Redshift and Snowflake
- Building data pipelines using Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, or Flink
- Familiarity with binary data serialization formats such as Parquet, Avro, and Thrift
- Experience deploying and using data notebook and analytic environments such as Jupyter and Databricks
- Knowledge of the Python data ecosystem using pandas and numpy
- Experience with graph-based data workflows using Apache Airflow
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. [...]