New York, NY, USA
The Walt Disney Company
FiveThirtyEight is an award-winning site focused on providing data-driven journalism in sports, politics, and science. FiveThirtyEight was founded by Nate Silver.
We are looking for a data visualization intern to help us make charts for the site this summer.
A day in the life…
The internship will include a mix of designing and producing charts and graphics to accompany stories on the site, assisting with reporting and research, creating original stories and — depending on your skill set and level of interest — contributing to larger interactive projects.
What you bring to the role…
Other journalism-related programming experience — such as Web-scraping or news app development — is a plus.
- All students must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months.
- All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- All candidates must be available from May/June to August/September
- All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week