Norfolk, Virginia, The Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference seeks qualified candidates to fill the position of
Director of Digital Media & Marketing. The position will report directly to the Assistant Commissioner of
External Affairs. The Director of Digital Media & Marketing will be responsible for the overall management of
digital/social media initiatives, creative content, and marketing strategies to help shape the conference’s overall
narrative for its 14 sponsored sports/14 athletic championships and eight member institutions. This position
will also take the lead in graphic design and serve as the liaison to member institutions’ social media and
marketing staff. Candidates must be self-motivated, creative, hard-working and a team player. Must possess a
positive attitude and be able to multitask efficiently and effectively. Preferred Qualifications :
1. Must possess a Bachelor’s degree (required).
2. Must have a minimum three (3) years’ experience in leading digital media and social media strategy/management, content creation, marketing, and/or athletic administration.
3. Demonstrated ability to create compelling content across all platforms and produce clear, concise reporting on KPI’s.
4. Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite.
5. A self-motivated leader with a high level of initiative, inner drive and attention to detail that is adept at working both independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
6. Passionate, curious, proactive, and creative with a team-first orientation and a strong desire for professional development.
1. Develop an overall graphic look and feel for digital/social media platforms.
2. Produce graphics for use on all conference digital/social media platforms, streams, and athletic/ancillary events.
3. Create, execute, and measure a robust and dynamic strategic plan for all MEAC digital/social media platforms that aligns with the overall conference strategic direction.
4. Prepare and administer an annual master editorial and content calendar across all digital/social media channels.
5. Update and manage all conference social media websites.
6. Create and post content daily, adapting content for specific markets and target audiences.
7. Produce featured, high quality & creative content video segments for website, social media, and broadcast use.
8. Monitor the conferences social media channels for appropriate use both internally and externally.
9. Maintain an organized social media database inclusive of all member institutions, media partners, event partners, corporate partners, and MEAC alumni.
10. Organize collaborations with key industry outlets and social media influencers.
11. Construct creative, trackable solutions for sponsored content and campaigns.
12. Drive ticket sales for championships and conference ancillary events through results-driven organic and paid social media campaigns.
13. Establish a data-driven approach to media strategy that encompasses consistent reporting on key performance metrics such as awareness, engagement and conversion as well as producing analytics recaps and actionable recommendations based on findings
14. Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences as it pertains to marketing and digital media content.
15. Assist member institutions by providing counsel on best practices in digital/social media and marketing. 16. Assist with building an integrated marketing and content strategy with a growth mindset, collaborating with the MEAC media relations team to brainstorm ideas, create and amplify compelling stories on MEAC alumni, administrators, coaches and student-athletes via digital/social media initiatives.
17. Assist with overseeing the implementation of MEAC brand guidelines internally and on all campuses and venues to ensure compliance with brand guidelines and protocols.
18. Create and implement marketing programs for all MEAC championships including developing market profiles, identifying prospects, creating promotions, and preparing collateral materials.
19. Liaison to MEAC Marketing Directors.
20. Maintain marketing, fan and website databases.
21. Oversee the MEAC Digital Network Studio day-to-day operations and upkeep.
22. Oversee the MEAC Student Digital Network Team.
23. Assist with activating corporate partner fulfillments and deliverables.
24. Assist with recommendations for conference media buy fulfillments for promotion of championships and ancillary events.
25. Must be able to work weekends/evenings and travel.
26. Attend MEAC sports championships, if necessary.
27. Ability to communicate accurately and effectively, both internally and externally.
28. Must be able to multitask efficiently and effectively.
29. Perform additional duties as assigned by the Commissioner and/or MEAC Leadership Team Staff.
Apply for Position:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and portfolio to email@example.com .