What is G2i?
G2i is a hiring platform for engineers by engineers. Our vision is for the hiring process to be simple, trustworthy and enjoyable for both companies and engineers. Our mission is to create a vetting process where:
- Engineers will vet other engineers
- Engineer vetting will be as close to on-the-job requirements as possible
- The vetting process will be objective, repeatable and quantitatively scored
- The process will be transparent. We will provide the engineer’s code, our code review and technical interview notes in full to our clients.
G2i is short for “Good News to the Internet.” In addition to being good news to engineers in the tech industry, we are on mission to help hundreds of street kids in Nairobi, Kenya obtain education, a safe home, parental care, and the love they need. We are also committed to supporting the open source community by finding ways to financially support those who build the OSS we rely on. G2i is looking for a creative and results-oriented professional to join the company and head its SDR efforts. G2i is one of the leading talent marketplaces for developers and companies focused on React, React Native, and Node.js – the most important technologies for mobile and web apps. We embrace and enable remote work. You can work from anywhere. Our team is based throughout the United States and the world, including South America, Europe and Africa.
What We’re building
In order to fulfill our mission & vision we are building a two-sided marketplace that will allow companies to find pre-vetted engineers that can augment their teams on demand. We’re investing in features such as a quantitative manual review code process, individualized company match scores and machine learning to automate more of these processes. To learn more about how this position will support this mission watch this short video!
G2i is looking for a resourceful and motivated team player to join the company as an Account Manager. G2i is one of the leading talent marketplaces for developers and companies focused on React, React Native, and Node.js – the most important technologies for mobile and web apps. We embrace and enable remote work. You can work from anywhere. Our team is based throughout the United States and the world, including South America, Europe and Africa. (However based on customer working hours, there is a preference for availability during PST hours)
The Account Manager will report to G2i’s Head of Account Management and be responsible for driving new business opportunities through our pipeline to close, as well as growing long term relationships with our current clients selling into new business opportunities and expanding across departments. You will have a direct impact on G2i’s success and will have long term opportunities to grow in your career.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to quickly build strong relationships, assess a clients needs, and take a service first approach to solving their business problems in a timely manner. In this role you will assist some of the top companies in marketing & advertising, education management, information technology, financial services, computer software and the internet. You’ll respond, engage and hopefully become an integral part of their business operations. You’ll conduct pro-active support, as well as look for ways that we can grow G2i’s business. You’ll educate and help companies and hiring managers identify remote and contract development needs.
As Account Manager you will be responsible for:
- Managing, qualifying and selling prospective customers inquiring about contract hiring of developers, and moving them through our sales process to close
- Building relationships with current clients and looking for new opportunities within their organization which G2i could sell into
- Conducting sales calls and obtaining business requirements, developing account profiles and getting contracts signed for next-step conversations with G2i
- Maintaining a healthy book of business that is consistently growing month to month, via new and existing clients.
- Nurturing new prospects whom you have spoken to and getting them into our sales process through, Email, Phone and Zoom calls.
- Collaborating with growth and executive team members on strategic sales approach, marketing programs
- Ensuring successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity in CRM application
- 3+ years working on a Sales/Account Management team
- 2+ years in the technology/software sector
- You have a proficiency in talking about different technology frameworks and understand how different libraries associate with each other.
- Demonstrated ability to set and consistently achieve KPIs
- Experience working with CRM systems and prospecting tools (like SalesForce, ZoomInfo, Intercom, LinkedIn and others)
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, remote work environment
- Proven track record with winning new opportunities and growing revenues with current clients.
- Good working knowledge of the Software industry, developer market and contract hiring (a plus). Your relationships will generally be with high level individuals in the engineering department.
- Ability to solve tough problems and discover client needs
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Customer-oriented and friendly
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying.
This role is perfect for you if:
- You are comfortable working remote and/or managing a remote team — We are a 100% remote first company.
- You value work life balance — you aren’t encouraged to work weekends. We value our 40 hours work weeks. We also have every other Friday off as a company.
- Enjoy having conversations with companies and learning about their needs as well as their business model.
- You enjoy sales and building long term relationships with individuals inside other businesses.
- You like the autonomy of trying new approaches to growing business relationships.
- If you believe in ABH (Always be Human) over ABC (Always be Closing) as a sales tactic
We are not a good fit for you if:
- You are looking for a giant slow moving company. ****We’re constantly experimenting, iterating and changing things.
- You are looking to specialize in some particular problem set. This role requires working in different contexts and problem sets. We need people that can adapt to the challenges thrown at them.
- You are not interested in the technology sector and learning about different frameworks/libraries and application development.
- You are not comfortable speaking to strangers everyday via video conferencing.
- You aren’t a strong listener or communicator.
- You aren’t a team player.
G2i is an equal opportunity employer. We’re dedicated to building a team where diversity in both ideas and identities is not only welcomed, but encouraged. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are part of an underrepresented group in tech that is considering applying, but you have any reservations about doing so, please email me (email@example.com) and let me know how we can be more welcoming to you.
The other perks:
- 21 Days of PTO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Care (Gold Plan)
- 4 day work weeks, every other week!