(Kansas City, MO)
GPS Impact is seeking a talented Graphic Designer for a full-time position in our Kansas City office. The skilled applicant will work directly with the Creative Director and development team on a variety of projects. Applicants must have a stellar portfolio, experience with the fundamentals of website design, strong communication skills, an eagerness to learn and improve with a determined work ethic.
- The role of this creative is to design beautiful web art mockups: Desktop and Mobile Sites, Wireframing, Online Advertisements, Social Graphics and Print Pieces.
- Occasionally code HTML and CSS (including latest HTML5 & CSS3 features).
- Present your work mockups for internal critique and client review.
- Work creatively and quickly meeting quality and accuracy standards.
- Must be able to work in a professional, fast-paced and team environment.
- Collaborate with fellow colleagues on various project types.
- Capable of multitasking, prioritizing, managing time efficiently and meeting deadlines.
- Collaborate with Creative Team on all projects.
Experience & Qualifications –
- Minimum of 1-2 years of web and print design and production experience.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred in graphic design or related field.
- Demonstrate expert level skills in the latest Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be a self-starter who takes pride in their work.
- Be highly creative and innovative with excellent attention to details.
- Skills in creating modern designs for print, web and production.
- Strong understanding of modern web design principles, user experience, information architecture, and social media.
- Knowledge in creating and producing advertising for print, web and email.
Strong passion for politics and progressive movements
Familiarity with coding CSS and HTML
Experience with UX design, WordPress and working with developers
We work with meaningful causes, movements, campaigns, and organizations, for example:
The Pennsylvania Democratic Party, NARAL, Priorities USA, The Fairness Project, ACLU, Women’s Foundation, DCCC, and Governors, Senators and Congress people from coast to coast.
- Potential for growth in the role and within the company
- A highly-creative, award-winning team that strives to innovate
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive salaries
- Healthcare benefits
- Potential to participate in the company 401k
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply – To apply for this position, email with the subject line: “Graphic Designer Position” with your application materials:
- Your resume
- A link to your portfolio or work samples
- A short description of why you want to be a Graphic Designer at GPS Impact
- An example of an artist/designer or piece of work that inspires you
GPS Impact is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Job Perks: – dog-friendly office
– weekly office snacks provided
– casual attire
– happy hours/office outings frequent