Headquarters: Austin, TX
Growth Machine is expanding quickly, and we need your help to continue being the best SEO and content marketing agency on the internet.
We’re hiring a project manager to lead our client projects focused on SEO and content marketing. You’ll work closely with our editorial and link building teams to ensure our clients are getting the stellar content they need, and that it’s taking over the top spots in Google for the search terms relevant to their business.
You’ll be the face of our company to the client projects you work on, and personally oversee projects worth as much as $1,000,000 in annual revenue.
And as the first dedicated project manager to join the company, you’ll work closely with our CEO and COO to design and improve the systems that allow us to produce great results on a large scale.
This is the perfect role for someone experienced in content marketing, SEO, leading a team, and who wants to learn more about growing internet-based companies. You’ll be given a huge amount of freedom to grow this part of our business, so if that kind of ownership excites you, read on.
The project manager’s job is to make sure that everything is running smoothly, seamlessly, and on schedule at all times. To do that, the PM has to split their time between managing the editorial planning process and being available for clients’ needs. Here’s what you’d be responsible for:
Marketing and Editorial Strategy Responsibilities
- Create and manage content plans for up to 12 clients in multiple industries.
- Research keyword opportunities that lie in the intersection between the client’s offering and their target customer’s needs.
- Stay one step ahead of the writers and editors by making sure each article for each client is thought through ahead of time, and provide everything they need in advance so they can complete the article without issues or delays.
- Organize content plans in both Google Sheets and Asana, making sure every editorial calendar is up to date, and planned out sufficiently in advance, at all times.
- Assist the editors in sourcing and screening writers to find the perfect fit for our projects.
- Miscellaneous problem solving since the PM is the point person for writers’ and editors’ concerns, questions, scheduling issues, and anything else related to the editorial plan and schedule.
Client Relationship Management Responsibilities
- Lead project kickoff calls, occasionally participate in sales calls, and serve as the main point of contact for clients throughout the life of the project.
- Serve as the liaison between clients and the writing team during the ramp up period between project kickoff and beginning of publishing.
- Respond to all client questions and requests; coordinate changes to the content plan as requested by clients.
- Compile weekly update notes for clients on the status of their project.
- You have an insatiable thirst for organization and efficiency.
- You have a keen eye for detail.
- You’re a critical thinker, always looking for ways to improve a process or creatively solve a problem.
- You’re not intimidated by juggling a lot of different projects and responsibilities at once.
- Prioritizing comes easily to you. You don’t flinch when five different people need five different things from you at the same time.
- You have great communication and people skills, and you’re experienced in and comfortable managing client expectations and making sure clients are well taken care of.
- You can’t help but take ownership of your job. You’re always looking for ways to improve the process, whether by adjusting, automating, or another way.
- You’re a flexible and agile. You don’t bat an eye at a fast pace or a rapidly growing and changing work environment.
- You’re capable of working autonomously. You’re happy with the freedom and you don’t need or want to be managed.
- You’re friendly, eager to jump in and make the job your own, and love to contribute to tangible business growth and success.
- Remote Work: We’re a 100% remote company, so you can work anywhere from Pittsburgh to Phuket. A few of us are in Austin, but you don’t have to be.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for you and your family.
- Profit Sharing: Each month we’re profitable, a portion of that profit is split amongst the team.
- Team Retreats: Three team trips per year to cities like Austin, LA, Chicago to get some time together in person.
- Flexible Hours: Want to go to the gym in the afternoon or prefer working later in the day? Not a problem as long as your work is done.
- Vacation and Holiday: No limits on vacation time, and we take off all major holidays, including a week over the New Year.