Headquarters: Mountain View, CA
Interested in working for a fast-growing, Silicon Valley tech startup working with cutting-edge technologies? Our team combines data science, blockchain engineering, and finance domain expertise to change the way the cryptocurrency market is traded. We created the leading open-source, high-frequency trading software for cryptocurrencies.
Our support team is the front line to our users and as such, plays a critical role in the success of our company and our product. We are looking for a Support Team Lead to take ownership of managing this team, which includes growing the team as well as setting up processes to drive its success.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Source and hire new support team members, using a variety of platforms (Upwork, Angel List, open to suggestions)
- Monitor support team members and periodically evaluate the team and each individual’s performance
- Giving feedback, creating action plans, and keeping track of progress/improvement
- Contribute or give suggestions on how to improve existing company process guidelines
- Update existing guidelines for any outdated information or add new ones based on recent changes
Your first priority will be to continuously hire new support members, evaluate their performance, and screen for top (and worst) performers. We are a fast-paced company, we aim to provide good quality support to our users while promoting growth for our team members.
You will be given or you will set target goals for the next 30-90 days to accomplish as a baseline of performance.
– Flexible working hours/work from home
– Potential for full-time employment and growth within the company
REQUIRED SKILLS / QUALITIES
We are interested in only the best, most motivated, reliable, and driven team members. This is a demanding job with high expectations.
- Strong sense of accountability; takes ownership of tasks and gets them done
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong leadership skills: experience managing and growing teams
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful, can think outside the box and figure out things on their own
- Highly organized and attention to detail
- Critical thinker and problem solver
– Knowledge of / interest in cryptocurrencies and trading
- Full-time: ~40 hrs / week
- May include weekends and holidays
- Need to be flexible since we have support working 24/7
In this position, you will have an opportunity to convert into a full-time role within the company. As an independent contractor/freelancer, you understand that you should be able to work independently with very minimal supervision. Learn new things on your own, take new initiatives, ownership of tasks, being proactive, and “filling in the gaps” are some of the qualities we’re looking for.