Lake Buena Vista, FL, USA
The Walt Disney Company
Disney Parks, Experiences, and Consumer Products (DPECP) brings stories, characters and franchises to life through Parks & Resorts, toys, apps, apparel, books, and stores. As Walt said, “You can dream, create, and design the most wonderful place in the world…but it takes people to make the dream a reality.” DPECP is an industry leader in labor management, empowering best-in-class Cast Members to deliver Disney’s legendary guest service. The DPECP Labor Systems team works closely with business partners to create innovative applications that support workload, scheduling, time, and deployment for operations leaders and Cast. We produce robust applications that enhance key aspects of the Cast experience. Labor Systems is transitioning the legacy data strategy to a cloud-based platform with a data lake in development, while also supporting clients with visualization tools and advanced analytics. Labor Systems seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges.
As the ideal candidate, you should have strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
In this internship, you will be expected to work on engineering and migration of multiple data flows/pipelines from on premise infrastructure to a big data Hadoop cloud platform. You will work on developing/migrating workflows to move, transform, store and consume the data using big data/Hadoop technologies. You will work on deploying various application code/modules on the platform and verifying the executions. In this internship, you will also work on creating an automated monitoring process and reporting on critical alerts within the platform.
Basic Qualifications :
- Strong business planning, communication (both written and verbal) and time management skills
- Substantial partnering and influencing skills with the ability to work with leaders at all levels to coordinate team efforts
- Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and to work effectively within a matrix organization and project environment (e.g. Agile)
- Must have ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal guidance while managing multiple tasks and projects
- Familiarity with machine learning libraries (e.g. Spark MLLib, AWS Machine Learning, Mahout, JSAT)
- Familiarity with big data technologies (e.g. AWS, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Scala, NiFi)
- Familiarity with visualization and reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, Business Objects)
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Strong understanding of data lake, big data and Hadoop concepts
- Strong understanding of data security concepts
- Proficiency and developer skills in multiple query/programing languages (e.g. SQL, SAS, Python, Java, R) and analytics software (e.g. Apache Spark, Gurobi, SAS)
- Proficiency in data visualization and reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, Business Objects)
- Familiarity with workforce management/labor concepts
- Project experience with upstream/downstream data integration and reporting requirements/capabilities
- Project experience with building data flows, pipelines and big data migration
Required Education :
- Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Analytics, Industrial Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related field
Additional Information :
The approximate dates of this internship June 12th, 2019 – January 3rd, 2020. Interns must be fully available with unrestricted work authorization for the entire duration of the internship.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney Professional Internship or Disney College Program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization for the entire internship period
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current active Disney Cast Members must meet Disney Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months
A limited amount of company sponsored housing is available on first-come, first-serve basis. If company sponsored housing is not available, interns must be able to provide their own housing for the duration of the internship.
Orlando, FL [...]