Lake Buena Vista, FL, USA
The Walt Disney Company
Disney Parks, Experiences, and Consumer Products (DPECP) brings stories, characters and franchises to life through Parks & Resorts, toys, apps, apparel, books, and stores. As Walt said, “You can dream, create, and design the most wonderful place in the world…but it takes people to make the dream a reality.” DPECP is an industry leader in labor management, empowering best-in-class Cast Members to deliver Disney’s legendary guest service. The DPECP Labor Systems team works closely with business partners to create innovative applications that support workload, scheduling, time, and deployment for operations leaders and Cast. We produce robust applications that enhance key aspects of the Cast experience. Labor Systems seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges.
The ideal candidate should be flexible, have strong verbal and written communication skills, be able to work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
This intern will work as a member of the Labor Systems team, supporting the sustainment of existing labor systems as well as multiple capital projects currently in flight. This work requires the ability to learn new skills, technologies, and concepts. There will be data analysis and presentation development for all levels of leadership.
Basic Qualifications :
- Strong business planning, communication (both written and verbal), and time management skills
- Effective partnering and influencing skills with the ability to work with leaders at all levels to coordinate team efforts
- Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and to work effectively within a matrix organization and project environment (e.g. Agile)
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal guidance while managing multiple tasks and projects
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong sense of responsibility, independence, ownership and pride in delivering quality results, and understanding the business impacts
Preferred Qualifications :
- Familiarity with workforce management/labor concepts
- Familiarity with visualization and reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, Business Objects)
- Previous project experience within a workforce management, labor, or related operation
- Previous project experience in an Agile environment
- Previous experience in an analytical and/or data-centric environment
- Familiarity multiple query/programing languages (e.g. SQL, SAS, Python, Java, R) and analytics software (e.g. Apache Spark, Gurobi, SAS)
- Familiarity with data science and information management disciplines
- Familiarity with data lake, big data, and Hadoop concepts along with data security and machine learning concepts
Required Education :
- Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Analytics, Industrial Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or a related field
Additional Information :
The approximate dates of this internship are June 12th, 2019 – January 3rd, 2020. Interns must be fully available with unrestricted work authorization for the entire duration of the internship.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney Professional Internship or Disney College Program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization for the entire internship period
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work in the Orlando area
- Current active Disney Cast Members must meet Disney Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months
A limited amount of company sponsored housing is available on first-come, first-serve basis. If company sponsored housing is not available, interns must be able to provide their own housing for the duration of the internship.
Orlando, FL [...]