Headquarters: Ottawa, Ontario
Working at Micrometrics
Micrometrics exists to help businesses create more meaningful connections with the people they serve. Since being founded in 2013 Micrometrics has grown to become a premier guest communication and experience management partner in the hospitality and travel industries.
With COVID-19 changing how we travel, work and communicate, Micrometrics is at the forefront of innovation in the B2C communication industry and we’re constantly looking for new and innovative ways to deliver streamlined communication and exceptional experiences.
Micrometrics is looking for a Lead Front-End Developer, responsible for leading and taking ownership of the front end portion of our application stack. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a closely-knit team, focused on solidifying our position in the hospitality and travel markets as travel begins to return, while assisting with iteration and experimentation in secondary markets. Your role will require a high level of precision and a strong focus on detail with an eye for design and user experience.
- Responsible for implementing front end solutions from concept to development
- Working with our design team to provide feedback and iterate on ideas and concepts
- Working with product management to translate requirements into detailed tasks
- Estimating the level of effort required for tasks
- Working closely with the product team to plan efforts and determine what can be accomplished within our product sprints
- Helping to improve our processes and overall product quality
Skills – Required
- History of working with SPA frameworks (Vue, React, or similar)
- Expert with front end styling using CSS/Sass
- Experience in building and maintaining web applications
- Writing comprehensive tests and working with test tools (Jasmine, Karma, or similar)
- Build tools (Webpack or similar)
- Bug monitoring and reporting tools (Honeybadger or similar)
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks (Ruby on Rails or similar)
- Ability to test as you go and anticipate issues early in the development cycle to reduce QA efforts
- Detail oriented with an eye for design
- Desire to keep things simple and avoid complex solutions
Skills – Nice to Have
The following skills are not required for this position though knowledge of some or all of these would be beneficial.
- Working with databases (Postgres, MongoDB, or similar)
- Experience in planning and building component based design systems
- Familiarity with UI development tools (Storybook or similar)
- Familiarity with Jira and Github
- Experience working with cloud platforms
- Exposure to continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with back end development, including Ruby and working with and contributing to API’s
- Familiarity with TypeScript
- Experience working with a small team in a fast paced environment
- Experience mentoring junior employees to help them succeed and contribute at a higher level
- This is a remote position though preference will be given to candidates located in North America
- Our working hours are 9am to 5pm (EST). Candidates must be available to work six or more of their hours during these working hours.
For nearly a decade, Micrometrics’ mission has been to improve the communication experience between frontline workers and the people they serve. By enhancing face-to-face interactions and creating connections at scale, our clients leverage automations to improve Customer Experience (CX) and Operational Efficiency (OE) at participating locations.
We are now building a delightful, easy-to-adopt software platform that utilizes unique engagement methodologies, intelligent data collections workflows, and outcome automations that involve staff only when necessary. Currently serving industry-leading brands in lodging, hospitality, and travel, we are now looking to capitalize on the opportunity presented by COVID-19 to refine our technologies and help frontline staff in a number of fast-growing secondary market segments.