Navitome is a SaaS platform which allows authors to write complex content that customizes itself to users
in simple-to-use, step-by-step guides. We’re looking for a senior software engineer/architect who
can own our product and consult our largest customer on how to best leverage our technology.
Topics that you’ll work with our largest customer on include enhancement prioritization, technical
integrations, and how to interpret and integrate the usage data from Navitome.
This is a leadership role that’s best suited for an experienced engineer who wants to explore more architect
level leadership responsibilities. Experience working with customers directly and leading projects
is a requirement.
Job is located in Boston, MA. Must be a US citizen or have a valid visa to work three years in the US. No visa assistance
• Develop code for the four areas of our enterprise web application: authoring tool, end user
experience, analytics package, and administrative dashboard.
• Work as a full-stack developer in our LAMP environment.
• Support an agile workflow that emphasizes short cycles for feature development, bug fixing and
product iteration based on user feedback.
• Monitoring and Troubleshooting production web application
• Minimum of 3 years programming professionally for web-based products
• Experience with relational database design and SQL stored procedures
• Proficient coding responsive designs, and mobile development.
• Proficient in source-control tools, especially GIT.
• Experience with AWS, configurations, and management.
• Experience with Test Driven Development
• Experience with Ubuntu Linux or equivalent Linux environment
• Data security knowledge and expertise
• Experience with analytics and data processing
• Experience with 508 compliance and WCAG (accessibility guidelines)
• Self-motivated, critical thinker. Should be able to identify potential issues and opportunities
in the product implementation and contribute to the development of thoughtful, creative solutions.
• User-oriented approach to programming. Should prioritize value for the end user during feature
development and iterative engineering.
• Good communicator, and can work on a multi-disciplinary team.
• Comfortable with working at a start-up
•Desire to lead part of the product development and confidence to contribute to development discussions as a whole while recognizing that not all suggestions will be implemented discussions as a whole while recognizing that not all suggestions will be implemented.
Job Perks: Three week vacation, professional development opportunities,
health insurance, congenial team, ability to work from home two days a week.