Tampa, FL, USA
WE’RE ALL ABOUT GIVING BACK—
TO OUR MEMBERS, COMMUNITY, AND EMPLOYEES.
Supporting the goals of our employees as well as our neighbors and outreach partners
At GTE Financial, you’ll enjoy much more than a career. You’ll experience something truly unique: a friendly, committed community of employees who are dedicated to your success—and to the advancement of the businesses, neighbors, friends, and outreach partners that give our work meaning. Established as a not-for-profit cooperative and a federal credit union in 1935, we are one of the region’s largest locally owned and operated financial institutions.
We care deeply about your well-being, and that of the people we serve.
You’ll see that commitment in:
- Exceptional compensation:
- Competitive base and incentive pay
- Eligibility for annual bonus based on performance
- An outstanding benefits package:
- Flexible spending account
- Additional insurance
- Employee assistance program
- 401 (k) company match at 4%
- Corporate wellness programs
- Wellness Time Off
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Rewards and recognition efforts:
- Service awards for various milestones
- Employee recognition program
- Work/life balance:
- Full and part-time employees accrue PTO each pay period
- 10 paid holidays annually
- 1 day of paid Volunteer Time Off to support charities and service organizations
- Workplace accolades we have earned:
- Tampa Bay Times list of Tampa Bay’s Top Workplaces:
- An award based on feedback from our employees
- The career-development programs we offer:
- GTE University featuring internal training programs
- Leadership development programs
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Our philanthropic efforts throughout the communities we serve:
- Corporate charitable efforts
- Monthly charities
- Holiday charities
- GTE Cares Program
- GTE Foundation
- Community involvement
As you can see, our dedication to people is truly outstanding. Yet we also appreciate the value of state-of-the-art technology, which is why we’re ahead of the curve when it comes to implementing such importance convenience features as online banking. For the benefit of our members, we have replaced tellers with automations that save them time, money, and effort.
If you’re seeking the ideal spot to build a lasting, satisfying career, start in the one place with the strongest sense of community—in every sense of the word: GTE Financial.
About GTE Financial
Responsible for more than $1.7 billion in assets, GTE Financial is committed to being the preferred employer in Tampa Bay. Founded in 1935 during the Great Depression, GTE Federal Credit Union, now known as GTE Financial, is one of the largest locally owned and operated financial institutions in the area. As a team of more than 500 employees, we are a non-profit financial cooperative. We refer to our customers as member-owners, because each has an ownership stake in our success. At GTE Financial, the money we earn is returned to our shareholders—our members—in the form of higher dividends, lower rates, and new products and services. Established as a cornerstone of the community, we believe in giving back through community outreach, and looking forward with the very latest in technological advancements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Depending upon level, responsibilities may include:
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of the PCI Data Security Standards (DSS), PCI industry guidance, and PCI best practice.
- Interpret and convey the appropriate meaning and impact of PCI requirements to include but not limited to transmission, storage of credit card information, and processing credit card data.
- Leading and managing PCI preparation, assessment, remediation, and recertification activities performed by external Qualified Security Assessors (QSA).
- Manage, track, and report on vulnerability scanning, testing, remediation, and evidence submission as required for PCI compliance.
- Collect evidence and facilitate remediation for PCI assessment activities.
- Contribute to the support of operations and technology by designing, developing, or recommending secure solutions, including policy, standards, applications, systems, architectures, and infrastructure that are operationally viable and efficient, and that ensure continuous compliance with the PCD DSS.
- Serve as a liaison with IT and business area partners to identify, understand, document, and advise on security requirements, impact and risks.
- Intermediate knowledge of five or more of the following technical areas: network segmentation, operating system security, encryption and key management, tokenization, anti-virus and malware, secure system development, identity and access management, vulnerability management, physical access controls, penetration testing, file integrity monitoring, logging, and information security program
Other Job Functions:
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Abides by all policies, procedures, and protocols set forth in the departmental, GTE Financial employee, operational and administrative policy manuals.
Note: The above statements describe the general nature and level of the work being performed and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of an employee in this job. Job duties can change at any time as directed by management. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Continuous learning and technical skill upkeep
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Work independently and as a team member
- Set priorities and organize work to meet strict deadlines
- Make decisions on a variety of complex matters
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Environment consists of a variety of duties requiring the use of different standard systems and procedures. Analysis is required in applying guidelines and precedents. Problems can be unique and require the collection and interpretation of information
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology.
- Work consists of a variety of duties requiring the use of different standard systems and procedures. Analysis is required in applying guidelines and precedents. Problems can be unique and require the collection and interpretation of information.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives and goals
- Vision (or corrected) to normal range
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 to 7 years of experience in the field needed
- Prior experience supporting a Level 1/2 organization’s PCI DSS compliance effort
- Industry Certifications (CISSP/PCI QSA or ISA/PCIP/CISM/CRISC) preferred
Qualified candidates click the “Apply Now” button to email your resumes to us directly!
As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer,
GTE Financial welcomes and encourages diversity as a vital part of our business strategy. [...]