We’re hiring a Technical Support Engineer to provide A-level assistance to our customers. We build products spanning a variety of technologies and often receive both beginner and deeply technical questions. Support is the most important product at PSPDFKit, and we want to make sure our customers have a great experience each time they interact with us.
- Take ownership of customer issues and see problems through to resolution.
- Research, diagnose, and resolve customer issues.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand their needs and determine how to solve their problems or provide them with a solution.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers, often communicating with other teams, to provide the best experience.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Identify customers with extended support requirements.
- Communicate and collaborate with Sales and PMs about feature requests, and help track them.
- Respond to Apple App Store and Google Play Store app reviews and collect interesting feedback from the community.
- Improve our internal support guidelines.
- Add, refine, and improve support snippets, and identify areas where we need to improve our workflow.
- Be located somewhere that’s 6 hours +/- of the UTC timezone.
- Not be afraid of multiple programming languages and be willing to learn Android, iOS, Web, and Windows on a level where you’re able to run, understand, and customize our examples.
- Have big-picture thinking. We don’t want you to optimize for your KPIs, but for the company. Your role doesn’t end at Zendesk. If you can tweak how we do support to lower incidents, this is a larger success than if you can make sure every incident is closed in five minutes (for example: write documentation for easy things, rather than being happy easy tickets get closed quickly).
- Enjoy working with a wide range of developers and both potential and existing customers.
- Be eager to learn the basics of a large variety of new technologies used in our products.
- Have an excellent written communication style — you’ll be handling many tickets yourself.
- Have a well-rounded approach to problem solving.
- Work independently and have a high sense of responsibility.
- Understand the value of changes in the larger context of the business and the product’s customer.
- Have a very good command of English. Additional languages are a plus!
- Use inclusive language for both internal and customer communication.
- Please note that you can be a perfect fit even if not everything we’ve outlined above applies to you. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay;
- Paid vacation (up to 5 weeks) plus an additional allowance for conferences;
- A family-friendly work environment and parental leave;
- Passionate and thriving work culture with focus on learning and self-improvement;
- International travel for company retreats;
- A remote-first focus and flexible working hours;
- Ownership of work and tasks.
An Application Should Include:
- A writeup explaining your experience in support and a few situations where you handled difficult situations.
- A writeup explaining who you are as an engineer/programmer. We are especially interested in knowing how you started, what projects you have loved (or not loved) working on, what motivates you, and how your experience helps you to be a great support engineer;
- Links to online profiles you use (e.g. GitHub, Twitter);
- A description of your work history (such as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).