Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Nederland/ the Netherlands
Alicia makes use of a state-of-the-art tech stack (Python, Django, PostgreSQL,
ElasticSearch, Redis, Rabbit MQ, AWS SQS, Pyramid and Wagtail). As a Back-end
Developer at Alicia you are responsible for the data processing layer within our
tech stack. Part of our back-end development is currently outsourced and you will
be the first inhouse Alicia engineer! During the first 3 months you will be trained
by our Senior Back-end Developer before starting your own projects. Being our
first inhouse engineer you’ll help further grow our development team and you’ll
have a important role in assessing new team members (Front-end & Back-end).
Annual Salary between 65 and 80k a year.
- You will be responsible for our data processing layer and its architecture.
- You will ensure the integrity of our data layer remains safe and sound, whilst we continuously add new functionalities.
- You will constantly find the best fitting solutions that enable a deeper yet manageable data layer.
- You will be part of a broader team, in which you will work closely with the Product Owner, Front-End Developer(s) and UX Designer(s)
- You will constantly make yourself aware of the latest and greatest technologies available in the global insurtech / fintech market.
- You will advise the CTO on gaps between our existing technologies and those available in the market. Of course you’ll advice on how to bridge this gap too
You bring the following skills and experience:
- You have 2-4 years of experience with Python and preferably Django and PostgreSQL.
- You are able to clearly communicate and prioritize, assess and advice what the impact is of changes to our data layer (pros and cons).
- You are also pro-active in helping prioritizing the overall work of the team.
- You are a quick learner.
- You are fluent in both English and Dutch.
- You possess a higher education degree (HBO/WO) in Data Science / Engineering / Tech.
Source: Python.org Jobs Feed