Tallinn, Budapest, London, Черкаська область, Estonia, Hungary, UK
Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we need a passionate Python Developer to join our mission.
For our external customers, using Wise is as simple as sending money from A to B. Yet behind this process is a complex engine of currencies and routes, generating more than 15 billion data changes each day. In terms of decision making, this data is the lifeblood of our business.
The Analytics-Platform (AP) team builds and operates the platform that empowers all Wisers, including Analysts, Product Managers and Engineers with the access and tools required to effectively explore and analyse this data to help move their teams forward.
You will be working within the AP team to create and run several systems, including
- Our in-house built, open-sourced data replication software PipelineWise
- Our extensive DevOps tools
- Our infrastructure as code
- AP prides itself on being a DevOps team, meaning we put good software engineering principles, automated testing and metric gathering at the centre of everything we do.
What you get back:
- Be part of an autonomous team
- The freedom to have real impact
- Loads of development opportunities
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
- The opportunity to work with super smart people
- And more… Check out our offer here.
Interested? Find out more:
- How our Engineers build new features – https://medium.com/transferwise-engineering/how-product-engineers-build-new-features-at-transferwise-88752cf87fa
We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
A bit about you:
- You have solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
- You believe in TDD and the SDLC
- You have solid knowledge of the Python ecosystem
- You are well versed in writing efficient, bug-free and scalable code
- You are comfortable with the DevOps and Continuous Integration approach to work
- You have experience working with APIs, SQL databases, query optimisation and designing schemas
- You have the ability to work in a distributed team – identify problems, collaborate with your teammates to create plans, design and implement solutions
- You have the ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- You have a passion for open-source
Source: Python.org Jobs Feed