News Corp Australia has an exciting opportunity for a web focused python software developer.
We want someone to bring their passion and enthusiasm for software development and technology. You’ll be working in a small agile development team located in our Bowen Hills office.
We have two positions available and are looking for both highly skilled and intermediate level developers.
Some of the tech stack that we use here includes: Python/Django, PostgreSQL, AWS, ElasticSearch. You’ll be working within a DevOps environment on AWS. We like to innovate, encourage and enable our team members, so learning and implementing new technology is well supported.
OFFICE BASED ROLE – APPLICANTS TO WORK FROM BRISBANE OFFICE
AUSTRALIAN WORK VISA SPONSORSHIP – NOT AVAILABLE
- Python language experience
- Linux development environment experience
- Web development experience
- Work rights in Australia (Citizenship / Permanent Residence)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- AWS DevOps (or similar cloud based environment) experience
- Enterprise level web development experience – (HA / Scaling)
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- The ability to apply the best practices and techniques
- Problem-solving attitude with a drive and determination to succeed.
Some skills that will make you stand-out above the rest:
- PostgreSQL database experience
- Experience with Django
- Redis / Memcache experience
- ECS / Docker container deployments
- Server-less deployments
- Mobile app development (Webkit or Native)
- Angular JS, React JS, VueJS or other JS MVC experience
- HTML, CSS and JS
Source: Python.org Jobs Feed