Copenhagen, Denmark, Denmark
Linkfire is the number #1 marketing tool for the creative and entertainment industry. We work with the biggest names in the music industry and route 150+ Million fans every month to the music they love.
You will join a company with roots and heart in music. We’re a team of designers, engineers, product managers, and more, drawn from every corner of the globe. The common denominator?
Music—we live and breathe the stuff.
Are you our next workmate in Copenhagen?
To successfully fuel our data insights both internally and client-facing, we need the support of a talented Python Engineer who has worked with or is interested in working with data transport and processing. Our data pipeline is powered by Python, Airflow, Kafka, Cassandra, Druid, Docker, and AWS services like EKS and S3.
In this role, you’ll be working very hands-on. But you will also have the opportunity to define and impact your own work by actively contributing to our efforts in optimizing and improving our data architecture and business logic.
You will join our data pipeline team, consisting of Python developers and data engineers, while also being a cooperation partner to our DevOps team. Here, you will contribute to the team’s goal of ensuring consistent data for the insights in our core platform.
You are perfect for this role if you are capable of developing and improving our data pipeline, but feel equally motivated by having a higher level of task variation – including ad-hoc and exploratory data tasks.
Overview of technology in our data pipeline:
- Storage: Cassandra, Druid, Elasticsearch, SQL Server, MySQL, S3
- Messaging: AWS SQS, Kafka, Azure Service Bus
- Orchestration: Airflow
- Languages: Python, Bash
- Deployment: Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins
- In collaboration with the team, take on the development of our data pipeline and support the team’s development of data insights, dashboards, and reports
- Working in pure Python with no web component
- Write, maintain, optimize, refactor, and own robust, thoroughly tested code
- Test and document your code and fix any issues you find
- Monitor applications in production
- Collaborate with our team and the DevOps team on building, maintaining, and optimizing the infrastructure for the data pipeline.
- Actively contribute to the decision making for data pipeline and back-end implementations
- Stay updated on the field of python back-end development
Required abilities and skills:
- 3+ years of Back-end development
- Fluent with Python
- Experience with a few of: python packages: pandas, structlog, boto3, pyspark, pytest; Cassandra, Kafka, Airflow
- Experience in unit and integration testing
- Strong hands-on skills and excellent team player
- Comfortable with working in an international environment and fluent in English
- Maintenance and deployment of code, e.g. Git, Docker, K8s, and TeamCity or Jenkins
- Experience working with distributed systems is a plus
- Some experience or interest in .NET Core is a plus
Source: Python.org Jobs Feed