Austin, TX, United States
Python/Django/Oracle web applications developer coding software solutions to meet the business needs of departments supported by Technology Resources (TRecs). Coach and guide other programmers to analyze current and future business processes. Work with Product Owners and clients to create and interpret business specifications. Share responsibility for maintenance and enhancement of existing business applications, integrations, and jobs.
- Provides programming, technical and data analysis. Writes custom code, configures software packages, analyzes and debugs moderate to complex programming logic. Builds integrations between software packages. Accurately scopes projects and tasks.
- Works closely with product owners to determine business requirements and system objectives for small and medium efforts. Investigates available software configurations and capabilities. Makes well-considered recommendations and decisions with ambiguous information. Ensures technical tasks are defined for the project team. Communicates effectively with a variety of audiences.
- Provides operational support for Financial and Administrative Services business application systems and services, including monitoring systems and communicating with affected parties.
- Reviews programs and systems written by others. Provides supervision, mentorship, and direction to junior technical staff. Shares knowledge with colleagues and peers.
- Collaborates on quality assurance and testing to ensure application accuracy, functionality, security, usability, and accessibility. Champions automated tests where feasible.
- Provides input for departmental standards, process improvements, and technical documentation. Creates software documentation, including flowcharts, statements of program objectives, and other associated documentation.
- Other related functions as assigned.
- 1 year of Python experience designing, writing, developing, and testing complex software for web-based applications.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, test, and debug code.
- Some experience delivering successful projects to meet business requirements including estimating and establishing project milestones.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and collaboratively, in a team-oriented environment.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with both non-technical and technical audiences.
- Desire to deliver high-quality results within schedule.
- Exhibit professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree with more than 1 year of demonstrated Python/Django and coding experience.
- Experience with Oracle.
- Some experience writing software in Natural/ADABAS.
- Experience with Rancher.
- Experience with Agile software development processes.
- Experience with UT Austin administrative systems.