Remote, United States
Who are you?
You are a Senior Software Engineer who will help us build and scale our systems and infrastructure. You’ll build out the backbone of the leave experience by helping improve and strengthen the infrastructure responsible for powering our leave platform. You will work closely with other engineers and our product team to vet new features and functionality to improve the leave experience.
We need you to:
- Help define the future of our core platform and infrastructure.
- Create clean abstractions for performant services
- Be a steward of privacy by design and software quality principles.
- Have a growth mindset, a strong collaborative spirit and desire to connect with both customer and company needs.
- Be an empathetic team guide.
- Tackle obstacles and get stuff done.
- Make an impact that helps us all deliver better software sooner.
This position is a full-time remote role reporting to the Engineering Lead with an annual salary of $160,000-$190,000K plus stock options, because we believe everyone should have some stake in our business. We are people-first (this ain’t some PR jazz, we truly give a damn about our work family) so in addition to a robust suite of benefits, we offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits for all employees with fully paid premiums. You must be authorized to work in the US.
We celebrate and support our differences and believe in the power of equality, which is why we are an equal opportunity employer. Employment here is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications related to their professional competence. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law. We comply with all applicable national, state, and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
You’re a great fit if you have:
- Ideally 7+ years of experience designing, building, scaling and maintaining production software and systems.
- Experience building scalable production applications using Python and React or similar technologies.
- An enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring junior engineers.
- Experience operating cross functionally with Engineering, Product, Sales, and Customer Success teams.
- Excellent communication/writing skills.
- The ability to work independently and communicate effectively over phone or video conference.
- GitHub, AWS or equivalent cloud experience
- Passion for system design, data models, the absence management market space, customer focus and crafting solutions
- RESTful API
- Docker, Kubernetes, SaaS
- Experience conducting Technical Interviews
Python.org Jobs Feed