The CMCC is taking into consideration the possibility to hire a talented, motivated and proactive Scientific Software Developer.
The location is CMCC Headquarters in Lecce, Italy. Remote working is considered as an option.
The main responsibility for this position is the design and development of Python-based scientific tools and applications for climate data management and analysis. Other duties will be related to the deployment using container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) and the engagement and contribution to open source software communities.
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
The initial appointment is for n° 12 months starting from May 2021 at an annual salary ranging from 22K to 34K Euros, comprehensive of benefits, depending on qualification and experience.
Applicants responding to this posting declare that they have read, understood and agreed to the “Official Rule for the CMCC Personnel recruitment".
(Deadline: April 4th, 2021)
The minimum qualifications are:
- M.Sc. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent fields;
- 2+ years experience in scientific software development;
- Excellent knowledge of Python programming languages;
- Good knowledge of Python scientific libraries (numpy, scipy,pandas);
- Excellent knowledge of Git;
- Good knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes);
- Good working experience with Linux/Mac OS environments;
- Good knowledge of both written and spoken English language.
Additional preferred experience:
- Good knowledge of NETCDF/GRIB data formats and corresponding tools (NCO, CDO), and Python libraries (xarray, iris);
- Experience with Jupyter notebooks;
- Knowledge of Go programming languages;
- Knowledge of databases – PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB.
Source: Python.org Jobs Feed