Remote (USA only), CA, United States
We are looking for a US-based senior software engineer with strong Python and relational database experience to design, develop, and scale our backend services. We collect data from dozens of sources, bringing challenges related to scalability, timeliness, reliability, and quality.
We’re looking for a generalist who is comfortable working on a variety of backend tasks, including ETL, working with external APIs, and database modelling. Our stack lives on AWS and includes Python, Aurora (Postgres), Elasticsearch, and Ember.js. We use flake8, black, and mypy to help us write clean, consistent code.
Candidates must currently reside in the United States and have the legal right to work in the United States.
You should be self-directed, responsible, and committed to delivering efficient, well-documented, and well-tested code. You should be comfortable analyzing product requirements to produce technical specifications that go beyond coding to cover testing, monitoring, and future maintainability. We need a problem solver who can ask good questions and collaborate effectively with teammates.
- Do you have at least 5 years of experience as a software engineer?
- Can you effectively balance building systems for the long term and getting new features out quickly?
- Do you enjoy diving deep into complex systems to understand how they work and make them better?
- Do you want to truly own the systems you work on?
- Do you enjoy working in an all-remote environment?
If so, Gridium may be the place for you.
Python.org Jobs Feed