San Diego, CA, United States
Role Type: Full time – 100% Remote
Location: Preferably in San Diego or southern California, however, we will consider all applicants in the Pacific Time Zone.
The Sr. Backend Software Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and continuing to develop the custom platform and infrastructure used by Cars & Bids to host real-time auto auctions for thousands of concurrently live visitors every day.
Their duties include architecting, designing, developing, testing, and documenting software to both meet the needs of end-users and achieve Cars & Bids’ business goals. In this role, they will be working closely with a small and talented product development team to support Cars & Bids’ rapid growth while also continuing to innovate in the online auction space.
The Sr. Backend Software Engineer will:
- Turn high-level product requirements into elegant and functional APIs and features through a collaborative process.
- Design, develop, unit test, and debug the Cars & Bids software using Python and Django
- Architect, implement, and maintain the AWS infrastructure used by Cars & Bids.
- Manage the release process of the Cars & Bids software using CI/CD.
- Recommend and use new technologies/tools for monitoring, debugging, and increasing productivity.
- Investigate software-related complaints and make necessary adjustments to ensure optimal software performance.
- Regularly attend team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and put forward solutions to any issues.
The Sr. Backend Software Engineer should have the following experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent software development skills with the ability to write reliable and performant software with extensive unit tests.
- Previous web development experience with a high-level language (Python preferred) and a web framework (Django preferred)
- Previous experience with AWS services such as ElasticBeanstalk, RDS, Lambda, S3, CloudFront, and others.
- Previous experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform preferred).
- Proven experience building complex web systems.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Nice-to-have: experience building services and APIs used by high-traffic mobile apps.
Source: Python.org Jobs Feed