Glendale, CA, USA
The Walt Disney Company
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Global Marketing & Sales organization within Disney Parks, Experiences & Consumer Products (DPECP). CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Business Insights and Analytics to support Consumer Products (CP), the division of DPECP that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games.
The position reports to the Vice President M&S Analytics & Optimization and has approximately five direct reports.
The Senior Manager, Business Insights and Analytics will be a driver and partner for analytics across the Disney Consumer Products business. The person will synthesize complex data from multiple sources to deliver business insights and strategic guidance. The candidate for this role should be an experienced data and analytics leader with solid knowledge and experience with customized quantitative, qualitative and online analytics and research projects to enable business strategies and decision making. Candidate must be proficient in analyzing and interpreting information to address specific business issues related to, but not limited to, trend studies, guest interactions and predictions, pre & post promotions evaluation, new product releases, etc. These analyses will often include cost benefit and/or return on marketing spend.
Candidate would also be able to communicate key findings to internal stakeholders and across line-of-businesses (LOBs); to ensure appropriate data is incorporated in servicing their business needs.
- Partner with the Retail team, Global Products team, Publishing team and other LOB teams to understand business drivers and synthesize information across businesses
- Support publishing business, connected experiences, kids apps and VR/AR products
- Lead measurement and data aggregation for multiple data sources including YouTube API’s; Create data sets and collect video series, spend, impressions data for KPI tracking
- Support media reporting via dashboards; Measure marketing performance and ROI from campaign analytics; Make recommendations on targeting strategy (segmentation, messaging, testing); Support subscription business including acquisition of new consumers, engagement with existing subscriber base and retention of subscription lifecycle
- Provide advanced analytical support and multi-touch attribution to model consumer interactions with digital channels and conversion tracking, propensity and look-alike modeling
- Influence and guide the build of predictive models and algorithms to effectively measure and optimize business performance
- Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to institutionalize findings
- Derive actionable recommendations in an easy to digest manner and communicate key insights across all levels of DPECP’s organization
Basic Qualifications :
- 7+ years of experience in an analysis, market research or consulting role
- 4+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience in marketing analytics, especially measuring campaign effectiveness, defining and tracking KPIs. Experience with media reporting, subscription model and analytical support for user growth and retention
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to identify areas that data and analytcs can add value to the business and translate business problems into solution-driven actions
- Ability to translate technical findings into actionable recommendations through easy to digest reports and presentations
- Ability to effectively partner across all levels and manage multiple projects with high standards
- Ability to provide leadership in a fast-paced environment with the ability to empower others
- Intellectually curious, analytically rigorous, hard-working, good work ethic and an on-point business intuition
- Experience with programming languages (SQL, R, Python etc.)
- Experience with advanced statistical data modeling and machine learning
- Experience using data visualization reporting tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience in consumer products, retail, publishing and digital products
Required Education :
- BA or BS from in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar)
Preferred Education :
- Master degree in business, mathematics, statistics, or economics