We are looking for a Señor Back-end developer who will take part in the ongoing development of an international product that provides app-based video solutions in the automotive industry. In this position you will be working on several tasks such as the development of Python applications, advising the client and the team, estimating possible development deliveries, architecture design, making technical decisions, and much more.
Interesting facts about the product & team:
- The scale-up business already produced over 49 million videos, operates in 69 countries, and has over 111k registered users.
- Agile approach in building the next-generation platform from the ground up.
- Tech stack includes Python, FastAPI, SQLAlchemy, and GraphQL. Front-end in React and hosted on AWS.
- You will join two Back-end and Front-end developers, a QA engineer, and a Team Lead.
On a personal note, we are in search of someone who thrives in a team environment and is always eager to learn something new and share their knowledge with others.
- Work closely with our client to develop scalable Python applications
- Ensure sufficient test coverage using automated test suites
- Work on application observability and robustness to enable long-term maintainability of the application
- Provide guidance on the technological and methodological direction of the systems that will support the client’s business strategies
- Take ownership of architecture, design, and technology decisions
- Aim to create top-quality clean code, perform own test cases and participate in peer-to-peer code review
- Share your knowledge and experience with the rest of the team
Why you’ll enjoy working at d.labs
- We collaborate on interesting international projects, trying to make a real difference
- We are a remote-first organisation, with coworkers from different locations in the CET time zone, mostly in Slovenia
- Our development center in Ljubljana and a coworking office in Maribor will be available to you at all times, making it your choice to work from home or from the office
- We work flexible working hours and have a relaxed working environment
- Instead of the traditional top-down hierarchy, we use squads, tribes, and chapters to run our business (adapted from the Spotify model)
- Our teams are cross-functional squads, focused on one project at a time and include developers, product managers, QA engineers and when needed also DevOps engineers and product designers, ensuring a collaborative and creative environment
- We are proud of our team work and enjoy working with one another
- Our senior experts and managers will be your mentors and allies in helping you achieve your goals
- We offer fair pay, a transparent career and promotion plan
- We have regular monthly 1on1 meetings with our managers
- Our strong HR team is focused on our wellbeing, connectedness & development
- We focus on internal learning in the form of mentorships, workshops, talks and a process we call Chapters
- We have a strong budget for learning courses & conferences
- We love our events like multiple team buildings per year, the New Year’s party, parties for welcoming newbies etc., both in person or, if this isn’t possible, online
Experience and Skills:
- Experience with Python
- Background in multiple frameworks and platforms is a plus
- Experience with distributed architecture
- Experience with established architecture patterns
- Fluent English skills, spoken and written – sorry Yoda, no way around this one!
P.S.: If you mainly have extensive experience with back-end language other than Python, but would like to start working with it, we encourage you to apply anyway as you will be onboarded properly and we look forward to growing together anyway!