London or Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Are you looking for the opportunity to work on a brand new platform, giving you the freedom and opportunity to experiment with technology?
Would you thrive working in a Data Engineering Team who have the endorsement and support of the wider business, to achieve our ultimate goal of helping households save money?
Does utilising your Python knowledge to mentor other members of the team sound like the next great step in your career?
Then a Senior Python Engineer role with Moneysupermarket Group is for you!
Why our role?
At Moneysupermarket Group, our skilled team of data engineers are far more than just coders; they directly influence the direction of the company through their technical expertise.
Our team is built on the following foundations:
Cloud-based: We use serverless technologies, where possible, to simplify our estate. Technologies like BigQuery, Pub/Sub, Dataflow and Cloud functions allow us to deploy quickly and scale automatically.
Innovate: We are always learning, growing, inquisitive and keen on new technologies and open-source tooling. We love like-minded engineers who have a passion to keep our codebase and infrastructure best in class.
DevOps culture: Everyone in the team contributes to infrastructure,; we use GitHub actions for CI/CD and we define our infrastructure as code, making heavy use of Terraform. We monitor our applications using Google Cloud’s operations suite.
Collaboration & Ownership: All code is owned by the team and we encourage knowledge sharing and collaboration across the business. We rotate on the products we develop, pair program and host technical showcases
What will your daily life look like?
- Building tools and services that will minimise the time for data consumers to go from ‘idea’ to ‘prototype’ to ‘production’. Everything from searchable metadata catalogues to self-service data transformation tools.
- Setting a high bar for well tested, readable and performant code, capable of processing large volumes of data or serving many requests.
- Contributing to architecture discussions and influencing peers and stakeholders to make better decisions
- Developing, maintaining and enhancing real-time data pipelines.
- Sharing your expertise to help upskill and mentor more junior members of the team.
- Working within an agile product team and contributing to ceremonies.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
We’re an inclusive, anti-racist and equal opportunity employer that values diversity. This means we respect and embrace differences in gender identity, race, ethnic origin, sexual expression and orientation, religion and faith, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, social background, education and way of thinking. We’re a place where you can be you.
Our customers and users come from different backgrounds, as do our colleagues. We welcome applications from everyone, and particularly encourage women and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates to apply as we’re actively building representation that’s more closely reflective of the communities we serve. Our appointments are made on merit, following a robust and objective assessment process, and the candidate with the highest score is offered the role. If you’re passionate about our purpose of helping households save money and excited about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
We understand that job adverts only say so much and you’re likely to have a lot of questions. If you’d like to know anything before applying such as more on the location, salary, our parental leave policy etc, please just let us know and we’ll be happy to help. You can contact the recruiter for this role, Francesca at firstname.lastname@example.org
What do we need from you?
- Strong working knowledge of Python, both functional and OO paradigms.
- Proven experience developing, building, deploying and supporting distributed, event-driven or web applications.
- Experience of BDD/TDD for software development and design-for-testing approach to writing code.
- Experience with one or more cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with code versioning systems (e.g. git) and CI/CD practices and tools such as GitHub Actions.
- Familiarity with SQL, data modelling, column store and relational databases.
- Experience of working with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, identifying and communicating solutions in a clear, actionable manner.
Python.org Jobs Feed