Cebu, Bacolod, Makati, Ortigas, Davao, Philippines, Philippines
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will work at the intersection of production operations, software development and DevOps, as you monitor, manage, and improve production-critical infrastructure and data pipelines. You will handle sophisticated proprietary software, as well as mainstream open-source technology as you gain experience maintaining and scaling critical fault-tolerant, distributed data pipelines, storage and compute infrastructure.
Our SREs work on exciting real-world problems and collaborate with smart (and fun!) colleagues in an empowering, performance-minded environment. The position presents long-term career opportunities with several trajectories depending on your interests and strengths, including senior SRE roles, as well as DevOps, software development, or technical leadership roles. This role is a way to make a real difference: your contributions will make our critical systems more reliable, lower operational risk, and increase the efficiency of our engineering effort.
- Monitor production systems, triage and resolve failures, including our proprietary data pipeline, as well as infrastructure and deployment processes
- Write/review code and debug challenging problems
- Together with our data and engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be the first responder ensuring the continuous operation of production-critical systems
- Improve reliability and maintainability of software applications and pipelines
- Improve availability and stability of shared production infrastructure
- Maintain and support open-source and proprietary services and tools
- Gather and analyze metrics to help identify inefficiencies and guide architecture and development work
- Fluency in the software development process (Python, Go, Java)
- Software development experience in a professional environment is a plus
- Experience with production operations and remediation
- Experience with hands-on coding and debugging (Python experience is preferred but not required)
- Experience troubleshooting systems including, but not limited to: Windows, Linux, web applications, databases and AWS infrastructure/services
- Experience with Linux Familiarity with Relational Databases & SQL Sharp analytical and problem solving skills and a persistent drive for making things work (better)