Dania Beach, Florida, United States
Chewy is looking for a Software Engineer (Python) to join our Marketing Analytics Team based in Dania Beach, FL. The ideal candidate should have experience writing effective, testable and scalable code, and releasing python based applications as REST APIs, Command Line Application and PyPi Python Packages. Candidates should be able to debug existing code, and contribute new code to bridge the gap between data science algorithm development and business-facing end users.
The Marketing Engineer must have experience with continuous integration tools, and experience automating aspects of the software development cycle. It is crucial that the candidate is comfortable using the command line and is familiar with AWS, UNIX/Linux environments, and different DMBS.
Code elegance, quality and style are essential.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain existing code base
- Create and improve unit and integration tests
- Design and implement databases
- Automate data science models
- Build in-house applications to support marketing automation
- Documentation and visualization of data science models
- Update legacy code bases
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years professional Python experience
- knowledge of data structures and design patterns
- experience building RESTful API backends
- Fluent in SQL
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid)
- Team spirit
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience with version control systems
Source: Python.org Jobs Feed