any in United States (remote), United States
We are looking for a US-based software engineer with strong Python skills who will help us build out the internal tools we need to increase productivity as we manage an increasingly large pipeline of energy efficiency projects. We are growing quickly, which is great, but growth means more data, more projects, and more coordination required to help us hit our goals.
Because you will primarily be building internal tools, you should be comfortable working closely with customers – that is, your coworkers. Are you the type of engineer who enjoys understanding user problems, brainstorming approaches, and using feedback to iterate toward a great solution? Then you may be the perfect person for this role.
The position comes with salary, stock options, 401(k) match, a great health plan, vision, dental, generous parental leave, and a flexible vacation policy — we want you to take the time off you need so that you are happy and productive.
Candidates must currently reside in the United States and have the legal right to work in the United States.
You should be self-directed, responsible, and committed to delivering maintainable code that meets users’ needs. You should have a product mindset and be comfortable analyzing existing processes to identify the improvements that will have the highest impact on our business. We need a problem solver who can ask good questions and collaborate effectively with teammates.
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Comfortable making build vs. buy recommendations, weighing factors like total cost of ownership
- Savvy about using the right tools for the job, including low-code or no-code frameworks where appropriate
- Capable of delivering MVPs that allow for quick prototyping and testing
- Experience using APIs to integrate different systems and automate workflows
- Ability to do front end work when necessary (although this isn’t primarily a front end position)
- Hands-on experience with tools such as Python, Elasticsearch / Kibana, Google Drive APIs, Google Apps Script, GitHub Actions, and Jira Automation.