London, United Kingdom
As a Software Engineer, you will help us build and develop the SaaS platform. We are looking for someone with software development best practice experience. Proven experience in delivering end-to-end practical solutions is a must. We are seeking a software engineer who can work in a close-knit team within a distributed environment.
You will work full time in a hybrid location arrangement. Being in the office on a Tuesday and Thursday and working from home for the rest of the time. Opportunities for professional development are available, and continuing professional development is both encouraged and expected.
- Designing and delivering apps and dashboards.
- Deploying ML and predictive models created by the data science team.
- Building the data processing architecture and systems for new data and ETL pipelines, and dashboards.
- Collaborating with project managers, market researchers, and digital advertisers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the software development life cycles and processes including the GitLab source submission process.
- Cross-functional working may be required between functional teams within Qudo
- Working with minimal day to day supervision.
- Able to take responsibility for own work within the team, shows the ability to time manage when working from home
- Knows the appropriate time to ask questions and produces well-structured weekly reports and project documentation
- Degree in a STEM or similarly quantitative field.
- 4+ years of working experience as a software developer.
- Hands-on programming experience in Python (Flask), database management (mongo, postgres), NodeJS/React, microservices, automated deployment.
- Experience in taking ideas from conception through to deployment and implementation.
- Used to working with cloud technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Practical experience in online web-tracking technologies and infrastructure.
- Proven delivery of web applications, complete with front-end interface and scalable architecture.
- Agile / Scrum experience: development sprints, supporting sales and pitches and delivering on technical development.
- Excitement to work in a rapidly changing and ambitious start-up, where flexibility and constructive challenge are key.
- Capacity to learn new systems and techniques quickly.
- Experience in AI/ML with Spiking Neural Networks preferred.
- Ability to be productive in a distributed team through self discipline and self motivation, delivering according to a schedule.
- Strong English communication skills, especially over phone, email and Slack.