Paris, Madrid, Berlin, remote, France, Germany, Spain, Remote
Your mission in the team:
Luko’s mission is to protect homes while providing the best user experience. You will be in charge of that mission by working on our insurance and partner services.
By joining our back-end team as Staff Engineer, you will make an impact by:
- Being a maker and ambassador of high-quality technical solutions across the entire back-end guild
- Mentoring other back-end engineers helping them find solutions and grow
- Implementing high-quality and well-designed technology solutions helping the back-end engineers to move faster, comply with operational metrics and minimise the chance of creating technical debt
- Collaborating with other senior engineers, CTO, VPE and guild leaders to strategise and develop a technology roadmap and strategy focusing on our long-term goals
- Ensuring that best practices and architectural principles (decisions) are understood and followed by all engineers
- Being a happy Lukoum :-)!
We have huge ambitions and we rely on you to help us make a difference for our users thanks to your technical knowledge and experience. 💪 We are very proud of the speed of execution at Luko. It is a key to our success and we count on you to pursue this through rigour and creativity.
Here are the back-end technologies we use – Python3 / Flask – SQLAlchemy – AWS / Lambda / ElasticBeanstalk / Zappa / S3 – MySQL / InfluxDB – Gitlab / CI-CD / Docker
Who are you?
- You have 10+ years of experience in building scalable back-end systems with the DevOps culture in mind
- You have 5+ years of experience in a senior engineering back-end role; preferably as a Staff Engineer in a customer-centric technology company.
- You are an expert in Python 3 with broad experience using different frameworks, especially those that are in use at Luko ☝🏽
- You have expert level knowledge and experience building scalable systems and you are at home with designing and building micro-services.
- (strong advantage) You are active in the Python community and have a public profile (GitHub or blogging).
- You are very comfortable with (a source for) various test strategies and best practices for building high-quality products.
You are frustrated in an environment without full e2e automation, excellent CI/CD and inability to ship continuously.
– You have a strong track record of driving technology initiatives across product teams.
– You are very comfortable working with other engineers helping them grow and become better at what they do.
– You are pragmatic, open-minded, autonomous and able to get others along with you.
– You have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
– You are fluent in both spoken and written English
Python.org Jobs Feed