Headquarters: Statflo Inc.
Are you passionate about building?
And excited to work with cutting-edge technology?
Do you play well with others?
Here’s your chance to join one of Toronto’s fastest-growing technology companies!
• We’re building a Kubernetes-native SaaS business that lives in the cloud.
• Our event-driven platform is underpinned with proven infrastructure technologies like Kafka, Postgres, and NoSQL storage.
• Our web UI uses modern technologies (like TypeScript, React, and GraphQL), and is always evolving to incorporate the best solutions for live, real-time interactions, that puts user experience first.
• Java and Spring-Boot have been a faithful workhorse powering our application.
• We’re strongly committed to moving our code-base into the functional programming paradigm, introducing Scala superpowers, and making use of modern libraries and tooling.
What You’ll Do:
• Build the next-generation of Statflo software with a collaborative and supportive team.
• Work in an agile environment with teammates in all types of roles.
• Build maintainable and understandable code.
• Share knowledge about what you’ve learned and built, and the challenges you’ve encountered, during our technology team get-togethers.
• Level-up everyone around you.
• Absorb the collective brilliance of your team.
• Bring our code and technologies to the next level!
Who We’re Looking For:
We don’t view you as a list of technology buzzwords. We are looking for team members that are excited to work with our technologies and can bring their own form of energy and unique technical experiences to our collective.
We are hiring at all skill levels, so whether the following describes you to a tee, or if it sounds like the direction you want to head with your career development, then we want to hear from you!
• You have engineering experience in Scala or Java.
• A good understanding of web applications; Typescript and React, or other modern frameworks.
• You have experience using relational and NoSQL databases (column-oriented, graph, or other).
• Experience with API/micro-services design.
• Experience with deploying into and working directly with Kubernetes.
• Disciplined in your use of testing and automated deployment.
• You use, or are passionate about learning, typed functional programming.
• You understand category-theoretic concepts, and know how to apply them in a practical and approachable manner.
• You have a sense of ownership and responsibility for the code you write.
• Effective communication and collaboration skills.
• You are eager to problem-solve and troubleshoot.
Statflo welcomes and encourages applications from all backgrounds and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment selection process.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Statflo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We are happy to consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, neurodiversity, protected veteran status, Aboriginal and Native status or any other legally-protected factors. Statflo has a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination and prides itself on assessing talent needs based on an objective methodology.
If accessibility accommodations are required during the recruitment process, we will gladly make the necessary arrangements to ensure Statflo is able to support all interested applicants.