Headquarters: Seattle, WA
For the past couple of years, our focus as a company has been on publishing content and building authority across our B2B websites. We’ve built up millions of visitors per month, and now it’s time to optimize that traffic.
Our dedicated Growth Team is responsible for running experiments that will ultimately lead to more revenue.
There’s just one problem.
We currently only run experiments that don’t require design, because we don’t have a designer.
That’s where you come in.
But this isn’t your typical design role. We’re not looking for just any Designer.
If your first instinct in a new role is to start with a brand audit, this probably isn’t the role for you.
You’ll love this role if you’re data-driven, logical, and prefer to focus on results. To succeed, a general detachment from the work is required.
Most of your designs will be proven to either hurt the performance of the page, or not impact it at all. That means a lot of the work will be thrown away, no matter how great we all think it is going into the experiment.
Our Growth Team is made up of a small team that is currently working closely together to build the department from the ground up. Not only will you be our first designer, but you’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to the development of new programs.
One more thing to mention.
Not only do we not have a Growth Designer. We actually don’t have a designer at all. You’ll impact the way our entire company thinks about Design, and have opportunities to add value in ways that are beyond the scope of this job description. Along with that will come a lot of random small design projects that will just need to get done. You’re the only designer in a growing startup environment.
- Contribute and collaborate on ideation of new experiments to move the needle on our core KPIs.
- Create web and mobile designs that are required for the execution of experiments.
- Create full web designs for new websites.
- Create one-off designs as needed to service other areas of the business.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Growth Team and Developers to move projects forward from ideation to implementation.
How to Tell if You’ll be a Great Fit
- You get excited about data-driven design, and embrace letting the experiment results decide what works and what doesn’t. You aren’t attached to your work.
- You’ve often been told that you are very fast. Working through lots of ideas at a high rate is not something that intimidates you.
- You are able to embrace lots of basic design grunt work, and be the catch-all stand alone designer in a startup environment.
- You have a broad range of experience with various design tools and software. We use Sketch and Zeplin currently, but would be open to changes.
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and lots of changes in a short amount of time. We’re building a new department from the ground up, so change should be expected.
- You prefer to look at existing design elements to solve problems before going to a blank canvas. You’re not one of the designers that tries to build every element from scratch in the pursuit of perfection. Instead, you see the value in design cohesiveness and using what’s already come before you. The increase in speed alone is well worth the trade-off in your eyes.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a fully remote role that requires you to be a full time employee of Stone Press.
- Salary: $100k.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance. We cover it all along with your spouse and dependents. We’ve also selected the best plan available to us.
- One-time $1,500 office reimbursement. That means we pay for your equipment, and you get to keep it.
- Monthly $300 remote work reimbursement.
- 3 weeks of PTO every year, and we currently observe 12 US holidays.
- 16 weeks of 100 percent paid, job-protected parental leave.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume (and cover letter if you choose to include one) to email@example.com. In the email body, please answer the following:
- Where did you find our job listing?
- LinkedIn Profile URL:
- What are you looking for in your next role?
- What is it about this role that drove you to apply? Why do you think it would be a good fit for you?
- What hesitations do you have regarding this role or our company?
- Would you be comfortable completing a paid test project that would require you to invest a few hours of your time?