Founded in 1999, SurveyMonkey changed the way people gather feedback by making it easy for anyone to create their own online surveys. Today, SurveyMonkey’s mission is to power curious individuals and organizations to measure, benchmark and act on the opinions that drive success. Our People Powered Data platform enables conversations at scale to deliver impactful customer, employee and market insights. The company’s 700+ employees are dedicated to fueling the curiosity of over 16 million active users globally. For more information about SurveyMonkey, please visit surveymonkey.com.
About SurveyMonkey Business Solutions
SurveyMonkey is the world’s most popular survey platform. While it is a great general-purpose tool used by millions, there is ample opportunity for more specialized solutions. That’s where we come in. We build standalone, targeted SaaS products that bring great UX to solving more specific business problems.
To date, our 12-person team has shipped three products:
- SurveyMonkey CX – Measure and improve customer satisfaction
- SurveyMonkey Engage – Understand and foster employee engagement
- TechValidate – Source and publish 3rd-party verified customer proof
We’re on a mission to bring better design to the business world, and while we’re at it we’d like to make our mark with stunning data viz, personable interfaces, and a commitment to empathizing with our users.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a talented designer with demonstrable experience working on user-friendly SaaS applications. Your portfolio should demonstrate the ability to design for all screen sizes from mobile to desktop. You should also be comfortable writing clear, concise UI copy.
If you’re jazzed about making really complex things super simple we should talk. If you’re interested in creating the future of intuitive data visualization (and have an opinion on what that means) we should talk. If you believe that great design belongs everywhere and have the mettle to make it happen, we should definitely talk.
- 3+ years of experience on a product design team working across the entire product development lifecycle and successfully shipping products.
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams including shepherding designs through the development process.
- Experience collaborating with other designers to create a cohesive cross-product experience, both leveraging and contributing to a centralized design system.
- Solid user-centered design fundamentals with information architecture, interaction design and visual design skills and the ability to quickly produce high quality deliverables across the range of disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, effective UI copy.
- Ability to present design solutions at all levels of the organization with clear, articulate rationale.
- Proficient with Sketch, Invision, Creative Suite, and knowledgeable about HTML, CSS, modern browser technologies, and cross-device design.
- Portfolio showcasing examples of product design work.
Why Work Here?
We are a remote team. As long as your work day overlaps the Pacific timezone by at least four hours, where you live and work and up to you. We’re not strangers though — in addition to a sane amount of video calls, we meet up quarterly to get to know each other better and have some fun. In the past year, we’ve been bowling in Phoenix, made sushi in San Francisco, and toured a brewery.
We are strong believers in work-life balance. We know world class work can be done in just forty hours a week when distractions are minimized and the pace is sustainable. As such, you will be expected to be a manager of one.
Naturally, we offer competitive salaries and annual bonuses, medical/dental benefits, generous PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and meaningful equity compensation. We also supply you with top of the line equipment for your home office.
Finally, in a world of clunky “enterprise” software, we consider great UX and visual design to be a strategic advantage, and we need you to help us keep improving. Our track record gives our team a lot of autonomy — this is your chance to rethink how “business solutions” should look and function, and to have fun while doing it.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.