Remote, United States
American Institutes for Research is seeking a User Experience/User Interface (UX/UI) and Visualization Designer to join our Technology Solutions team. The UX/UI Visualization Designer is responsible for developing, delivering, and maintaining application and visualization design assets used to support Famine Early Warning Systems Network’s (FEWS NET) data application products. The UX/UI Designer will focus on creating new features and visualizations as well as maintaining application design assets.
The main objective will be to design and refine new application and visualization features for implementation by the development team to build greater use of the Hub’s data and data systems. The UX/UI Designer will manage central support with the development team in order to ensure consistent branding and adequate design strategies are being implemented across FEWS NET related applications. The UX/UI Designer achieves this through expertise in design practices, technical understanding, and clear and concise wireframing methodology.
Reporting to the FEWS NET Front-End Team Lead, the UX/UI Developer will collaboratively lead FEWS NET’s front-end development and design of applications and data visualizations.
The UX/UI Designer is responsible for synthesizing feature requirements and guidance for data and web platforms into successful design implementation to share the value of FEWS NET’s content and engage audiences. In addition, the UX/UI Designer is responsible for supporting the design of internal Hub applications and visualization features.
Specific responsibilities include:
*Develop, deliver and maintain design guidance, as well as new application and visualization features.
- Translate complex technical feature requirements into accessible applications and visualizations.
- Support application and visualization design through checks for compliance with style and brand guidance.
- Coordinate with the software engineers to develop usable wire-frames that can be easily implemented into applications and visualizations.
- Consult with stakeholders to assist in implementing new updates to applications and visualizations.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in art/design or related field and three years relevant experience.
- Proven experience in application design with a focus on data visualization.
- Experience with one or more web-based analytic platforms such as Superset, Tableau, Power-BI, etc. is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, AdobeXD, etc.
- Background in international development and government contracting considered a plus.
- Excellent communication strategy and planning skills.
- Proficiency with Google Workplace.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Skilled at prioritization and multitasking.
Python.org Jobs Feed